By Admin on Fri 12 May 2017 in Troubleshooting
A quick and simple guide to troubleshooting your solenoid valve. The possible causes for your valve leaking are listed below alongside instructions of how to resolve the issue.
External leakage at sleeve flange or joint between body and cover.
- Check that the sleeve and/or cover screws are torqued to specifications, if leakage persists, replacement of diaphragm assembly or O-ring may be required and/or bodies or covers with damaged sealing surfaces may have to be replaced.
- Check O-rings and replace if necessary.
External leakage at speed control device, internal leakage.
- Disassemble valve, remove extraneous matter and clean parts in a mild soap and water solution.
- Examine diaphragm sealing surface for dirt. Remove all foreign matter.
- Examine orifice for nicks. Damaged parts must be replaced.
- Check plunger return spring. Replace if broken.